- Home »
- How to setup fax
No Internet Connection?
Canon PIXMA MX922 Fax Setup
The telephonic transmission of the scanned printed data to a telephone number that is connected to the printer is called faxing. Canon PIXMA MX922 Fax Setup is sometimes referred to as facsimile or telecopying. The original document is placed on the platen of the Canon PIXMA MX922 printer which then converts the data to a digital format.
How to setup fax on Canon PIXMA MX922 printer?
- Basic connection: Make sure to power Off your Canon PIXMA MX922 printer by force pressing the ON button. Insert one end of the telephone cable to the telephone wall jack present at the rear side of your Canon PIXMA MX922 printer.
- Attach the telephone line cable’s other end to the line jack on your xDSL splitter.
- Set the telephone line type: Now press the ON button to turn On the Canon PIXMA MX922 printer.
- Tap the Setup icon on the Canon PIXMA MX922 printer’s front panel.
- The Setup menu will open on the screen. Use the arrow keys to choose the Fax Settings option and then tap OK.
- Press the Fax User Settings option, choose OK, and then touch Telephone Line Type. Tap OK and then select an appropriate line type and go back to the Fax Standby window by choosing the Canon PIXMA MX922 Fax Setup option.
- Setting the receive mode feature: Check if your Canon printer is switched On.
- Press the Menu button. The Fax window will get displayed on the touch panel.
- Choose the Receive Mode option by making use of the right or left arrow key.Touch the OK button to choose the Receive Mode feature and click OK again.
- A confirmation message appears on the front panel, tap the Yes button, and then choose OK.You can now set all your fax preferences on the Canon PIXMA MX922 printer’s control panel. Confirm the fax setup by printing a test report.
How to send fax on Canon MX922
- Turn On your device and then touch the Fax button on the printer’s control panel.
- Insert documents on the platen or in the ADF.
- Adjust the scan resolution and contrast as required.
- Utilize the numeric keys to dial the receiver’s fax or telephone number.
- Tap the Color or Black button, and the Canon PIXMA MX922 printer starts scanning the document.
- If the file is placed in the ADF, the printer sends the fax automatically.
- A message will open on the screen asking you to load the next page if the scanner glass is utilized.
- Start sending the document by tapping the OK button and Finish Canon PIXMA MX922 Fax Setup process.
How to receive faxes through Canon PIXMA MX922 printer?
- Ascertain to press the ON button to power On the printer.
- Press the Fax button on the front panel of the printer, and the Fax Standby screen opens. Ensure that the receive mode setting gets displayed on the Fax Standby dialog box.
- Load the sheets of new paper into the cassette of your Canon PIXMA MX922 printer. If necessary, modify the paper settings.
- When your telephone rings, answer it to check whether you are receiving a fax or an incoming call. If a fax tone is heard, wait for at least five seconds until it stops to complete Canon PIXMA MX922 Fax Setup.
- Allow the Canon PIXMA MX922 printer to receive the fax by hanging up the handset.