- Home »
- Wireless setup
Take Control Of Wireless Printing
Canon PIXMA MX922 Wireless setup
The Canon PIXMA MX922 Wireless setup gives an easy way to connect the Canon PIXMA MX922 printer to the other devices such as laptops, computer, and mobile phones. The Canon PIXMA MX922 printer can be kept in any location as it does not require any physical wires or cables to be plugged to the device.
Connect your Canon PIXMA MX922 printer to the network using WPS
- Ensure that your access point or network router supports Wi-Fi Protected Setup (WPS). It lets users to link their devices to a secured network connection.
- You need not require your SSID name and password for setting up the WPS mode. A WPS symbol must be present on your wireless router that indicates it supports the connectivity.
- Make sure to switch On the Canon PIXMA MX922 device.
- Press the Menu button on the touch panel of your Canon PIXMA MX922 printer.
- Make use of the arrow buttons to click the WLAN Setup option and then select the OK button.
- The Canon PIXMA MX922 printer searches for all the access points.
- If a compatible WPS network router is detected, the following screen will open on the touch panel asking you to start the Canon PIXMA MX922 wireless setup.
- Now go to your wireless or network router and press the WPS button on it for at least five seconds. Navigate to your Canon PIXMA MX922 printer and press the OK button on the touch display.
- Check if a Connected to the Access Point dialog box opens on the screen, click the OK button on it. Your Canon PIXMA MX922 printer gets linked to the Wi-Fi network.
Standard Connection method for Canon PIXMA MX922 printer
Load the CD that was supplied along with your Canon PIXMA MX922 printer. Else, you can download and launch the Canon PIXMA MX922 printer’s driver for free of cost from this web page.
- A initial dialog box will open on your Windows Personal Computer, click the Next button on it.
- Choose Next on the window that opens on the desktop.
- A dialog will display that prompts you to choose the connectivity type, click the Wireless Connection option.
- Confirm that your printer is powered On. Ensure that the Power light on the Canon PIXMA MX922 printer is lit and then select the Next button.
- Choose the Connect to the network option and then tap the Cableless Setup button on the dialog box that opens on the desktop.
- If you are using a computer that operates on the Windows XP operating system, hit the Other Setup method.
- When the Connection via Canon PIXMA MX922 wireless setup screen displays, hold the Wi-Fi button until the Alarm light flickers for at least two times.
- Release the Wi-Fi button after the Alarm lamp flashes for the second time.
- Verify if the Blue Wi-Fi lamp flashes quickly and the Green Power Lamp is turned ON. Choose your region, then hit Next, and then tap your place of residence.
- Click on the Next button and then press all the software and tools that you would like to install.
- Accept the end user license agreement by choosing the Yes button.
- Click Next and a window will appear that shows the model of your Canon printer along with the wireless network name.
- Conclude the wireless cableless setup by clicking the Complete option.
- Check if the Mac Personal Computer has an external disc drive for loading the installer CD.
- If the disc drive is not available, you can download the driver directly from this website.
- A screen will appear on your Mac computer, enter the password to let the helper tool to be installed.
- Choose the Install Helper option and then click the Next button.
- A screen will be displayed instructing you to choose between USB or Wireless.
- Now hit the Wireless Connection button. Now go to your Canon PIXMA MX922 printer and check if it is switched On.
- Select the Next button after you verify that the Power lamp is On.
- Click Connect to the network, then select Canon PIXMA MX922 Wireless Setup, and then long press the Wi-Fi button on your Canon PIXMA MX922 printer when the Connection Via Cableless Setup dialog box opens on your Mac desktop.
- Do not release the Wi-Fi button until the orange light flashes for at least two times.
- Now move to the Canon PIXMA MX922 printer and check if the Wi-Fi lamp flickers quickly and the green light is On.
- Click Next, then choose the name of your region, and then select the residence.
- Tap the Next button and choose all the tools that you need to install.
- Agree to the terms by clicking the Yes button and select the Add Printer option on the next window that opens on your Mac desktop.
- Choose the Canon IJ Network driver version, then hit Add, and then end the wireless setup by selecting the Complete option.
How to restore network settings on the Canon PIXMA MX922 printer?
Tap and hold the Resume or Stop button on the Canon PIXMA MX922 printer until the Alarm lamp blinks for about seventeen times. Now release the Resume or Stop button. The network settings will now return to its factory defaults.
Bluetooth connection in Canon PIXMA MX922 printer
- Confirm your Canon PIXMA MX922 printer is in the Active state.
- Plug the Bluetooth unit to the USB flash port located at the rear of your Canon PIXMA MX922 printer.
- Ensure that you have detached the cap from the Bluetooth unit.
- Open the Bluetooth Settings dialog box on the control panel of your Canon PIXMA MX922 printer.
- Tap the Setup button, and the Canon PIXMA MX922 Wireless Setup Standby window will open on the screen.
- Choose the Device Settings option and then hit the OK button.
- Click Print Settings, then tap OK, and then select the Extended Copy Amt option.
- Click OK and then select the settings by making use of the arrow buttons.
- Save the changes by tapping OK. Choose all the contents that you want to set on the printer’s LCD screen and end the Bluetooth connection by hitting the OK option.
How to change USB connection to Bluetooth in Printer
- Go to your Canon PIXMA MX922 printer’s rear and then unplug the USB cord.
- You need not launch any additional drivers for this connection. But ensure that the newest version of the software for your Canon PIXMA MX922 printer.
- Select the Start button on your Personal Computer and then hit the Run option.
- A small dialog box will open on the computer screen.
- Enter “bthprops.cpl” (quotations must be added) and then select the OK button.
- The Bluetooth settings pop-up menu will open on your desktop.
- Choose the Add button and click the My Device is set up and ready to be found option.Hit the Next button and your PC scan all the nearby Bluetooth devices.
- Click your printer from the list that pops up and then choose Next to Complete Canon PIXMA MX922 Wireless Setup.
- The Canon PIXMA MX922 printer gets connected to the wireless network.