- Home »
- Printer Setup
Setup your Canon PIXMA MX922 printer with ease
Canon PIXMA MX922 printer setup & Install
The first time setup process must be carried out to get the entire features of the Canon PIXMA MX922 printer. Ascertain you do the Canon PIXMA MX922 printer setup correctly; else it might throw an error, and the functions of the device cannot be accessed. The setup instructions stand the same for all the models of the Canon printers. The easy possible procedures on how to perform the setup process for the Canon PIXMA MX922 printer are given on this web page.
How to Unbox Canon PIXMA MX922 printer
- Once the Canon PIXMA MX922 printer is shipped to your home, check if the manufacturer’s seal is available on top of the delivered package.
- Return the printer if the correct seal is not present. Break the tape that is located on top of the shipment box by making use of a scissor.
- Verify the supplies that are present inside the printer’s box.
- Open the seller’s site and download the file which contains the list of contents that are provided with the Canon PIXMA MX922 printer.
- A software installer CD, user manual, Canon PIXMA MX922 printer’s warranty card, and other accessories will be given in the box.
- Now remove your printer from the box for Canon PIXMA MX922 printer setup.
- Now ensure there are no damages to the Canon PIXMA MX922 printer. Replace the device if there are any damages.
- Ascertain it satisfies the requirements such as humidity and temperature.
- It is always recommended to keep the Canon PIXMA MX922 printer near the power socket.
- Go to your Canon PIXMA MX922 printer and take all the packed, protective tapes that are surrounding the device across its various regions such as cartridge access door, input tray.
Setting the power connection to the Canon PIXMA MX922 printer
- Insert one end of the compatible electrical cord at the rear side of the Canon PIXMA MX922 printer.
- Now attach the electrical cord’s other side to an outlet that is functioning correctly.
- Find the ON button on your Canon PIXMA MX922 printer and force press it to turn On the device.
- Now initialize the primary settings on the touch panel of the Canon PIXMA MX922 printer.
- Choose your desired language, then select the name of your area, and then tap the correct date & time.
- Save all the preferred settings, and the initialization process gets completed.
Place plain or photo papers into the Canon PIXMA MX922 printer
- Prepare the correct type of plain or photo paper. Make sure that the papers to be loaded are not curled or bent.
- Gently Open the front cover on your printer.
- Move the sliders all towards the extreme positions by utilizing the right paper guide. Keep the paper in the middle of the front tray with the side to be printed facing downwards.
- Move the stack of papers to the rear of the front tray for Canon PIXMA MX922 Printer Setup.
- Align the paper guides and sliders so that they rest against the corners of the inserted papers. Ascertain not to move the guides too hard against the loaded documents because the paper might not be fed correctly.
- Open both the output tray extension and the paper output tray. The paper output tray must be opened when the print task is carried out.
Installing the ink cartridges in the Canon PIXMA MX922 printer
- Make sure to switch On the Canon PIXMA MX922 printer by pressing the ON button. Raise the Canon PIXMA MX922 printer’s front cover to open the paper output tray.
- Lift the paper output cover, and the fine cartridge holder will start moving to the replacement area. Remove the new, genuine cartridge out of the package and gently discard the protective tape that is present on its top region.
- Keep the new fine cartridge into the cartridge holder at a slightly upward angle.
- Make sure you place the cartridge in the correct slot. Move the fine cartridge in and up until it clicks into place.
- A sound will be heard once the cartridge gets seated firmly.
- Install all the four cartridges by performing the above mentioned steps and then lower the paper output tray to complete Canon PIXMA MX922 printer setup.
How to print an alignment page using a Canon PIXMA MX922 printer?
- Ensure that the Canon PIXMA MX922 printer is turned On.
- Insert a sheet of A4 paper or letter-sized white paper into the input tray.
- Pull the paper output tray and the output tray extension outwards.
- Press and hold the Stop button on the Canon PIXMA MX922 printer until the Alarm light flashes for at least four times.
- Now release the Stop button and the Canon PIXMA MX922 printer prints an alignment page.
How to connect Canon PIXMA MX922 printer to Windows using a USB cable?
- Confirm that the Canon PIXMA MX922 printer is powered On.
- Switch On your Windows Personal Computer and check if it has an external drive.
- Insert the setup installer CD into the disc drive. The Canon PIXMA MX922 printer setup application starts on your computer automatically.
- On the AutoPlay window, double-click on the .exe file and choose the Yes button on the User Account Control dialog window.
- Select the Easy Install option and the application software, drivers, and the on-screen guides get installed.
- Click the Install button, then hit the Use Printer Via USB option, and then select the Next option.
- Comply with any steps that appear on your Windows system.
- Plug the USB cord at the back side of your Canon PIXMA MX922 printer when the Printer Connection pop-up window displays on your PC.
- Attach the compatible USB cord’s other end to the right USB port that is present on your Windows device.
- After inserting the USB cord, switch On the Canon PIXMA MX922 printer.
- Align the printhead if prompted; the process takes about seven to eight minutes.
- If needed, click the Agree button on the Extended Survey Program window to complete the process.
How to link Canon PIXMA MX922 printer to Mac through a USB cord ?
- Verify if the Power lamp on your Canon PIXMA MX922 printer is switched On.
- Ascertain not to insert the USB cord to the printer until you are instructed to do so.
- Now long press the ON button to power Off the Canon PIXMA MX922 printer.
- Launch the driver using the installer disk or from this web page.
- Double-click on the downloaded Setup icon. Type the account name and the password.
- Now select the OK button. Click Easy Install, then choose the Install button, and then hit the Use the printer via USB option.
- Choose Next and then continue with the software installation process by complying with the directions that appear on the Mac Personal Computer.
- The USB cord is not provided with the printer.
- Get a USB cord that is compatible with the Canon PIXMA MX922 printer.
- Once the Printer Connection dialog box opens on your Mac desktop, plug the USB cord at the USB port which is present at the rear side of your Canon PIXMA MX922 printer.
- Go to your Mac computer and connect the USB cord’s other end to it.
- Perform all the instructions that appear on the Mac system and then end the Canon PIXMA MX922 printer setup process by selecting the Agree button if needed.