- Home »
- Ink catridge
When quality matters, choose fine cartridges
Canon PIXMA MX922 Ink Cartridge
Ink cartridges are installed in the Canon PIXMA MX922 printer in order to perform functions like printing and scanning. Canon PIXMA MX922 Ink Cartridge are generally containers that hold the ink needed for doing the print task. Little drops of ink come out of the nozzles and it gets deposited on to the printing document. Ascertain to check the ink levels inside your ink cartridges on a regular period. If your ink levels inside the cartridges are below the estimated level, replace them immediately. Sensors are present inside the ink cartridges that allow it to verify the ink levels. It is highly suggested to use ink cartridges that are genuine, fine, and compatible with your Canon PIXMA MX922 printer.
How to install Canon PIXMA MX922 Ink Cartridges
- The ink cartridges are provided along with the Canon PIXMA MX922 printer. If you do not have the ink cartridges, purchase ones that are fine and compatible with the Canon PIXMA MX922 printer.
- With the Canon PIXMA MX922 printer turned On, carefully open the paper output tray. Now lift the document cover.
- Open the ink cover and then check if the print head holder is moving to the access area.
- Ascertain you do not touch the print head holder. You should not use the metallic areas that are present on the Canon PIXMA MX922 printer.
- If the ink cover is open for more than ten minutes, the holder will move to the right side. Hence lower and then reopen the ink cover.
- Open the new package and remove the ink cartridge from it. Insert the new Canon PIXMA MX922 Ink Cartridge. Hold the front end of the ink cartridge at a slightly slant angle into the printhead.
- Ascertain to keep the ink cartridge in a way that the label matches each other. Make your ink cartridge to get seated correctly by pressing on it lightly.
- A click sound will be heard once the ink cartridge is seated in its correct position.
- Now check if the Ink lamp glows red in color. Install all the other ink cartridges by carrying out the steps that are mentioned above.
- Now lower the ink cover and also, close the document cover on the Canon PIXMA MX922 printer.
How to check ink levels on Canon PIXMA MX922 printer
- Windows: First, click the Start button which is located at the bottom left corner of your Windows device. Type devices and printers in the Search window.
- Now click the Devices and Printers option from the results that appear on the desktop. Find the name of your Canon printer. Right-click on the icon of your Canon PIXMA MX922 printer. From the displayed menu options, choose Printing Preferences.
- Now launch the Canon IJ Status monitor on your computer. The Maintenance tab will open on the system. Choose the View Printer Status option and then click the Ink Details option.
- You can now verify the ink levels on the screen. If there is any issue with the cartridge, a notification icon will be present on top of the image on the Ink Details dialog box.
- Mac: Select the Apple logo that is present on the left side of your Mac dock. Click on the System Preferences option and select Printers & Scanners.
- Tap your printer that is located on the left pane. Choose the Supply Levels option, and the Canon PIXMA MX922 Ink Cartridge levels get displayed on the Mac Personal Computer screen.
- Checking ink levels manually: the Canon PIXMA MX922 printer needs to be turned On. Open the top cover of the device and wait until the cartridges move to the appropriate position.
- Open the cartridge case and then pull it out. Most of the cartridges are made of out of transparent material that allows you to check the ink levels.
How to Replace Ink Cartridge on Canon PIXMA MX922
- With the power switched On, carefully open the paper output tray. Now raise the document cover on your Canon PIXMA MX922 printer.
- Lift the ink cover, and the printhead holder will move to the access region.
- Take the ink cartridge out in which the light is flickering fast.
- Get a new ink cartridge by following the procedures that are provided on the package. Place the front head of the ink cartridge into the print head at a slightly slant angle.
- Ensure that the position of the ink cartridge matches the label present on your Canon PIXMA MX922 printer.
- Gently press on top of the Canon PIXMA MX922 Ink Cartridge until it snaps into place. Now check if the ink lamp lights in red.
- The print job cannot be done if the ink cartridge is inserted in the wrong place.
- Gently lower the ink cover and the document cover.
How to reset the ink levels in Canon PIXMA MX922 printer?
- Turn Off the Canon PIXMA MX922 printer and remove the electrical cord.
- While plugging the cord back into the printer, press the On or Off button.
- Your Canon PIXMA MX92 printer goes into the factory state. Tap the right arrow button until a Shipping Mode 3 message displays on the LCD panel.
- Now press the OK button. A Without Cleaning message will open on the touch display.
- Open the top cover on your Canon PIXMA MX922 printer. Wait until the cartridges move to the left side of your printer.
- Disconnect the printer from the socket. Take both the ink cartridges out and then lower the cover.
- Replug the electrical cord and press the On or Off button.
- Wait for at least a few minutes until the Canon PIXMA MX922 printer recognizes all the ink cartridges.
Remove the printhead in Canon PIXMA MX922 printer
- Turn the Canon PIXMA MX922 printer. Handle the sides of the paper output tray and then raise it gently.
- Without tapping the buttons on the operation panel of your printer, open the document cover.
- Raise the ink cover and then wait until the holder of the print head slides to the replacement region.
- Do not stop the printhead holder forcefully. Do not continue until the holder stops moving completely.
- Push the tab that is present on any of the ink cartridge and then raise it out of the Canon PIXMA MX992 printer.
- Take the rest of the Canon PIXMA MX922 Ink Cartridge out of the holder. Tap and hold the Stop button on your printer.
- The print head carriage slides to the replacement region.
- Now release the Stop button, and the carriage will move to the right side of the Canon printer.
- Raise the inner cover and move it all towards the bottom.
- Pull the carriage tray, then grab the tab which is present at the center, and then remove the printhead.
How to install printhead in the Canon PIXMA MX922 printer
- If you are inserting a new printhead, take it out of the package.
- Hold the middle tab of the replacement printhead with the front side facing downwards.Move the replacement printhead into the printer.
- After the print head gets seated in the holder, push the head set lever towards the rear side of the Canon PIXMA MX922 printer.
- Lower the inner cover and then install the Canon PIXMA MX922 Ink Cartridge into their right slots. Make sure to lower the ink cover and the document cover.