Canon Pixma MX922 Printer Setup
Generally, the set up process is the basic step to be performed after buying a brand new canon PIXMA mx922 printer. The setup procedures are similar for all models of Canon printers. It involves unboxing the canon PIXMA mx922 printer setup, removing the tapes, setting up the power connection, placing papers, and installing the original ink cartridges.Get Support
How to unbox and setup canon PIXMA mx922 printer?
- Make use of a scissor for cutting the seal present on top of the Canon printer’s shipment box. Now check if all the accessories are present inside the carton and take them out.
- Remove your canon PIXMA mx922 printer from the packaging box and make sure you keep it on a flat surface.
- Obtain the power connection for your canon PIXMA mx922 printer by connecting the given power cord at the device’s rear side.
- Plug the cord’s other end into a power source.
- Turn On your printer for canon PIXMA mx922 printer setup.
- Keep enough sheets of white papers into the canon PIXMA mx922 printer’s input tray. Install five individual ink cartridges into their respective slots.
What kind of support services do we offer for Canon printers?
Our technical team will give solutions for any queries that are related to the canon PIXMA mx922 printer. You can contact us through either call or chat. We provide assistance for almost all the issues that arise with the canon PIXMA mx922 printer. Get aid from our tech consultants for rectifying all the canon PIXMA mx922 printer problems quickly.
The driver software provides the necessary communication between the canon PIXMA mx922 printer and the Windows or Mac computer. Download the driver for your Canon MX22 printer by pressing the Driver Download button given on this site.
Newest Driver Version
Canon printer driver installation
- You will require the installer CD that was given along with your canon PIXMA mx922 printer for installing the driver.
- Else, download the canon PIXMA mx922 printer’s driver from this site.
- The software can be downloaded only if enough memory is available.
- After you have downloaded the driver, begin the installation. Study the connection prompts and then click the Next button.
- The Software Installation List opens on your Windows or Mac Personal Computer.
- To use the canon PIXMA mx922 printer setup, the MP Drivers option must be selected.
- Choose all the other software that you want to launch.
- Tap the Next option and click the Yes button on the License Agreement screen.
- Let the Install Wizard run by selecting the Yes button.
- In the Detected Printers menu, choose your canon PIXMA mx922 printer.
- Tap Next and select Complete on the Setup Completion dialog box. Continue to comply with the on-screen prompts.
- The driver installation is complete once the Setup Complete screen displays on the desktop.
Connect and Carry out the Functions
Connectivity methods in canon PIXMA mx922 printers
The connection setup is done for establishing the link between the canon PIXMA mx922 printer and other devices such as computers and laptops.
USB Setup for canon PIXMA mx922 printer
- Ensure that the Power lamp on your printer is turned On for starting canon PIXMA mx922 printer setup.
- Tap the ON button to switch Off the Canon PIXMA mx922 printer.
- Load the setup CD into the external drive of your computer.
- The setup program will open on your Personal Computer automatically.
- On the Autoplay window, double-click on that particular setup file.
- Choose the Yes or Continue button on the User Account Control dialog box.
- Click the Install option and select the Radio button which is present next to Use Printer via USB.
- Proceed with the software installation by following any instructions that appear on the computer.
- When the Printer Connection screen opens on the desktop, plug a compatible USB cable to your system.
- Insert the USB cable’s other end to the USB port located on your Canon PIXMA mx922 printer.
Wi-Fi Connection for canon PIXMA mx922 printer
- Wi-Fi Protected Setup or WPS lets users connect their devices to a secured wireless network easily. Make sure to purchase an access point or a router that supports the WPS connection.
- Ascertain to power On the canon PIXMA mx922 printer.
- Tap the Menu button for canon PIXMA mx922 printer setup.
- Make use of the arrow buttons to choose the WLAN Setup option. Now press the OK button. The Canon PIXMA mx922 printer searches for all network routers or access points.
- If a WPS compatible wireless router is detected, a screen will open that states ‘To start setup, press and hold the WPS button on the access point, then press OK of the device. Now go to your network router and tap the WPS button. Hold the button for at least five seconds.
- On the Connected to the access point window, tap the OK button.
- Your canon PIXMA mx922 printer gets bridged to the Wi-Fi network.
Unlock your Canon PIXMA MX922 printer’s potential
Mobile printing solutions in canon PIXMA mx922 printers
Enjoy simple and easy printing by making use of mobile printing technologies. Some of the mobile printing options that are supported by the Canon PIXMA mx922 printer are AirPrint, Canon Easy Photo Print, and Google Cloud Print.
A printing technology that allows Apple or Mac devices you to carry out printing from compatible wireless printers that are linked to a Wi-Fi network is called AirPrint.
Google Cloud Print
This is a service that is provided for free by Google. It allows the canon PIXMA mx922 printer setup to get linked to devices such as Chromebooks and Mac computers.
Canon Easy Photo Print
Make use of the Canon Easy Photo Print application to do printing operations such as scanning, copying, and faxing from Android mobiles.
How to print using Canon printer?
- Click Start, open the File Explorer window and go to the respective folder which has the document to be printed.
- Choose the text that you want to print.
- On the upper left corner of your desktop, a Share tab will be present, click it.
- Select the Print option which is present in the Send area of the toolbar.
- The Print window will open on your Personal Computer.
- Choose your canon PIXMA mx922 printer from the drop-down list.
- In the Copies box, key in the number of copies that you need.
- Modify all the other print settings if needed. Select the Print button; it will be present either on the top or bottom of your Personal Computer.
How to Copy using Canon printer?
- Verify if your canon PIXMA mx922 printer is switched On.Load sufficient papers into the main input tray of your printer.
- Go to your canon PIXMA mx922 printer setup icon and then tap the Copy button on it.
- A Copy Standby window will open on the operation panel of your Canon printer.
- Insert the file that you need to copy either inside the ADF or on the platen.
- Enter the magnification and page size values. Use the Side arrow keys for specifying the number of copies.
- Press either the Black or Copy button. The Canon PIXMA mx922 printer starts the Copy function.
- After the copy is complete, take the original file out of the platen.
How to fax using Canon printer?
- Make sure you power On your canon PIXMA mx922 printer.
- Tap the FAX button on the canon PIXMA mx922 printer, and the Fax standby screen gets displayed on the touch panel.
- Place documents either in the Automatic Document Feeder or on the platen glass.
- Change the scan resolution and contrast as per your requirement.
- Type the receiver’s telephone number by making use of the numeric buttons.
- For color fax, tap the Color button. If you want to send a Black and White fax, press the Black button.
- The Canon PIXMA mx922 printer automatically scans the document if it is kept in the ADF tray.
- If you have used the platen, a Confirmation screen will open asking you to insert the next page. End the fax by pressing OK to complete Canon PIXMA MX922 Printer Setup.
How to Scan using Canon printer?
- Make use of the MP Navigator EX software for scanning.
- You can download and launch the driver directly from this web page or through the installer CD.
- Before you begin with the scan job, check if the USB cable is properly inserted into the canon PIXMA mx922 printer. Confirm whether your printer and computer are associated with the same Wi-Fi network.
- Check if your computer is powered On. Long press the Power button that is located next to the LED display to switch On the printer.
- Raise the document cover on the canon PIXMA mx922 printer. Load the original document or photo facing down the flatbed scanner glass.
- Start the scan job by tapping the Scan button on the canon PIXMA mx922 printer setup. The scanned item gets saved on your Personal Computer based on the specified settings.
Know the Ink Levels
How to check ink levels in the canon PIXMA mx922 printer?
- From the canon PIXMA mx922 printer’s control panel: Tap the ON button to switch it On.
- Go to the Home screen on the touch panel of your canon PIXMA mx922 printer.
- Touch the Function button that is present at the center of the Home screen.
- The ink levels that are present inside your cartridges get displayed on the front panel of the canon PIXMA mx922 printer.
- Canon IJ Status monitor: Open the printer driver setup dialog box on your Personal Computer. Launch the Canon IJ Status monitor software on the system.
- Choose the View Printer Status option on the Maintenance dialog box.
- The Canon IJ Status monitor will open on your computer, and a picture of the ink status gets displayed on the screen.
- To view all the information that is related to the ink cartridges, select the Ink Details option.
- If there are any errors with the ink cartridges, a Notification icon appears on top of the Ink Details pop-up window.
- Canon BJ Printer Monitor: Hit the Start icon on your Personal Computer and then choose the Programs option.Now click on the BJ Printer option and select BJ Printer Monitor.
- The Canon BJ Printer Monitor dialog box will open on your system.
- Click on your canon PIXMA mx922 printer setup; this will direct you to the Printer Information window.
- On the Printer Info menu, choose the Start Status Monitor option. The Canon Start Status pop-up menu will appear on the desktop.
- View the ink levels of each ink cartridge or ink tank by choosing the Ink Information tab.
Quick Fix Solutions
Canon printer troubleshooting
The process of fixing the errors that have occurred in the canon PIXMA mx922 printer is known as troubleshooting. It is usually a systematic approach where the cause for the error is analyzed. Various reasons can cause the issue in the canon PIXMA mx922 printer. A separate section for resolving printer issues and the steps required are provided in the user guide. Make sure to use the canon PIXMA mx922 printer on a regular basis. Else, the ink inside the cartridges might dry up and throw an error. The general solutions for recurring errors in the canon PIXMA mx922 printer are given in this page.
How to fix canon PIXMA mx922 printer not responding?
- The printer not responding error message usually happens when users try to attempt a print task.
- It can be due to issues with the driver or hardware configuration of the canon PIXMA mx922 printer setup.
- Ensure that the USB cord is plugged correctly if the canon PIXMA mx922 printer is connected via a wired mode.
- Ascertain that the Internet connection is stable if wireless connectivity is utilized.Make sure that the Canon MXX922 printer is not in the Offline or Sleep mode.
- Try to restart the print spooler on your Personal Computer.
- Open the system’s Control Panel on the Start window.
- Ensure that your canon PIXMA mx922 is set as the default one.
How to resolve a canon PIXMA mx922 printer that won’t print?
- Ensure that the paper tray of your canon PIXMA mx922 printer is loaded with enough sheets of A4 paper.
- Confirm that the ink tanks or cartridges are appropriately placed.
- Check if the right print settings are used on your Windows or Mac Personal Computer. Make sure that you set the canon PIXMA mx922 printer as the default one.
- Verify that the Canon MX922 printer is not in the Inactive mode.
- Try altering the status of your canon PIXMA mx922 printer from the Offline to the Online mode.
- Make sure to connect the canon PIXMA mx922 printer and the Windows or Mac device correctly. Look for the ink levels inside the ink tanks and replace the same if applicable.
Canon PIXMA mx922 printer ink cartridge error
- Try cleaning all the five ink cartridges that are inserted into the Canon PIXMA mx922 printer.
- Ensure that the inserted cartridges are fine and compatible with the canon PIXMA mx922 printer.
- Verify if the ink tanks have enough ink inside them.
- Replace the ink tanks with ones that are genuine with the Canon PIXMA mx922 printer. Remove the ink tanks from your Canon printer. Check if there are any orange tapes on top of the cartridge and discard the same.
- Reinsert all the ink tanks into your canon PIXMA mx922 printer.
- Verify if the cartridge error has been rectified.
Canon PIXMA mx922 printer problems with Windows 10
- Power cycle your Canon PIXMA mx922 printer to fix the problem.
- Switch it Off.
- Unplug the electrical cable from the device.
- Wait for about thirty seconds. Go the printer’s rear and re-attach the electrical cable.
- Turn On the printer for Canon PIXMA mx922 printer setup.
- Check if you have installed the driver that is compatible with the Windows 10 operating system.
- If the driver is incompatible, delete the same from your Windows 10 computer.
- Relaunch the newest version of the driver from this web page.
Canon PIXMA mx922 printer won’t connect to Wi-Fi
- Check if there is a connection error between the canon PIXMA mx922 printer and the computer.
- Try restarting your Personal Computer, printer, router, and confirm whether the Wi-Fi issue has been resolved.
- Make sure the system and the printer are within the access point or router’s range.Look for software that blocks the communication between your PC and printer.
- Try turning Off the Firewall software on the desktop for a temporary period.
- Ensure that the correct router is selected for Canon PIXMA MX922 Printer Setup.
- Check if the network name on your printer and computer match each other.
- Ascertain to use an Internet connection that is active.
Canon PIXMA mx922 printer troubleshooting paper jam
- Check if there are any jammed sheets inside the output tray of the Canon PIXMA mx922 printer and take them out.
- Reload white papers into the input tray and tap the OK button on the touch panel.
- Look for jammed papers inside the transport unit.
- Turn Off the Canon PIXMA mx922 printer and remove the electrical cord.
- Reinsert the electrical cord into the power inlet of the canon PIXMA mx922 printer. Keep a sufficient quantity of new papers into the paper tray.
- Now move to the touch panel of your canon PIXMA printer, power On the device, and check if the paper error message has been cleared.
Canon PIXMA mx922 printer error codes
- The error codes generally display on the Canon PIXMA mx922 printer’s touch display or the computer.
- E16, E13 error codes appear when the ink tanks run out of ink.
- Change the cartridges that are compatible with the Canon PIXMA mx922 printer.
- U162 indicates that the ink cartridges are empty. Hence, replace the same.
- E04 error code states that the ink tank has not been inserted into your canon PIXMA mx922 printer correctly.
- Reinstall the cartridges and check if the E04 error has been fixed.
- Error 5700, 5600, 5100 gets displayed if there is a service problem with the canon PIXMA mx922 printer setup.
- A popular solution is to try power cycling the device.
Canon PIXMA mx922 printer printhead replacement
- Switch On the Canon PIXMA mx922 printer. Raise the scanning unit cover and remove all the ink cartridges.
- Get to the front panel of your printer and hold the Reset or Stop button.
- The printhead holder will move to the replacement position.
- Raise the printhead lock lever.
- Remove the printhead by slanting it slightly towards the printer for canon PIXMA mx922 printer setup.
- Gently take the printhead out.
- Reinstall the old printhead into the canon PIXMA mx922 printer. Else, purchase a new one and install it in the printer.
- Place the removed ink cartridges into the canon PIXMA mx922 printer and lower the scanning unit cover.
Canon PIXMA mx922 printer scanner not working
- Certain problems that occur in the scanner might cause an error in the scan process. Select the Start window and then choose the Control Panel option.
- On the System window, select the option which is named as System and Security. Hit Device Manager and if directed, type the security key of your administrator account.
- From the queue of hardware categories, tap the Print Queue option.
- Select the Uninstall option under the Drivers dialog box.
- If asked, enter the Administrator password again.
- Now restart your Windows or Mac computer and then check if the error has been solved by performing a scan job.
Canon PIXMA mx922 printer won’t feed paper
- To resolve the printer won’t feed paper error, try cleaning the feed rollers.
- Locate the printer’s Power button and press it to switch On the device for canon PIXMA mx922 printer setup.
- Open the Printer Properties pop-up window on your computer.
- Click on the Maintenance tab and then choose the OK button.
- Make sure that the Paper Feed rollers are not rotating.
- Now keep enough A4 or white papers into the printer’s tray.
- Confirm the message that opens on your Personal Computer and then select the OK button.
- After cleaning the feed rollers, verify if the feed issue has been rectified.